Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bye Montreal, Hello Ottawa!

This weekend was the last one that I will spend in Montreal as a resident. My friend Mike and his girlfriend Erin came up to Montreal from Toronto early Saturday morning to help me move my stuff to Ottawa.

Friday was my last night in Montreal was nice. I went with a bunch of friends to an Ethiopean resto and then out to the Plateau for some drinks. As I anticipated my friend Mike's to arrive at 4:30am, so decided to stay out until then...

Saturday we made the move. I don't really have that much stuff, so it wasn't that difficult. We arrived at my new place around 7-8pm and then went out for some dinner. We were all really tired and so came back home pretty early.

After some cheap breakfast on Sunday morning, we went for a walk around town to check out the parliament buildings and other sights. It was really nice to see the city a little. I live so close to everything!!! This is going to be a great summer :)

After Mike and Erin left, I unpacked my stuff and settled into my apartment a bit. I live with two engineering students who will be working in Ottawa over the summer. They seem like pretty nice guys. We went out for breakfast together and have talked about getting out to play sports and stuff which will be really nice.

I start my first day of work tommorow! Its pretty exciting - i don't really know what to expect, but imagine that it will be great. Details to come!

No comments: