Thursday, February 8, 2007

Amsterdam!

I was in amsterdam last weekend, and I must say, I love that city!!!!! I went with my friend Herby, an exchange student from Montreal as well. We made a reservation at a hostel and decided to take the bus up there.

Taking the bus is sortof a risky move as we had heard many horror stories about 6 hour delays and people getting left at reststops. But, it was half the price of the train and didn't take that much longer (5.5 hrs as opposed to 3.5) so we opted to take a risk.

We got there and found our hostel. It actually turned out to be really nice. It was located right next to a really big park and was a short walk from the centre. After putting down our bags, we got out for a little walk around the town to get an idea of the place. Amsterdam has definitely earned its reputation as the capital of bikes. There are bike paths all over the place and unwary tourists really must keep their eyes open or risk getting run over.

Later on in the night we went out again for a walk. We found ourselves in the redlight district which was really an ..... experience..... I am sure you've all heard about it, so I would go into details, but it was definitely strange for me. Later on we went to a coffee shop to experience that part of Amsterdam (typical tourists eh?) I didn't inhale though, I swear....lol.....

Saturday we spent walking around again. We were thinking of hitting up a museum, the Van Gogh or the Rijksmuseum, but the weather was too beautiful and we didn' really feel like spending 10euros to walk around inside. We met two really nice American girls at breakfast and planned a night out with them.....

The club that we ended up at was incredible!!! It was called Sinners. The music was great, a mix between house, hiphop and electro, and the 4 of us danced our asses off all night!!!! Fantastic, just what I needed :)

My camera was out of batteries for the trip, so as soon as I get them from Herby, ill post some pics.......trust me, there are some good ones!!

Next up is Norway for me. I will be away for the next week there for a skiing trip with Tanne's family. I promise to take pics this time and tell you all about it when I get back :) Take care all!!!

No comments: