Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Excitment builds....

Hey there loyal readers :)

Well, honestly, there hasn't been that much interesting stuff to write about for the last little while. I think that one thinks that while abroad that there will be tonnes of stuff to write about, that one's life will be super exciting, but this isn't always the case.
After awhile, I think I've sort of settled into a routine here, that while taking place in a different country, isn't really that different from what I'd be doing at home. I get up, eat breakfast, do some shopping, go to work, etc, etc, etc....But it is true that being in a different milieu makes for some interesting differences and learning experiences (can't quote any here...)

Anyhow, I will be leaving for Edinburgh tommorow morning for four days spent with my mom. Its been more than 4 months since I've seen her (or any other people from Canada close to me, all of you that is), the longest stretch in my life. Needless to say, I'm really excited. It will be her first time outside of North America, so she is definitely pretty excited about it too. Another reason to be excited, SHE'S BRINGING ME PEANUT BUTTER!!!! WOOHOO...lol....

For the rest of the month I will be finishing up my job teaching english, saving some money for the rest of the summer. As I believe i've mentioned before, the month of June will consist of a backpacking trip throughout parts of Europe. The exact itinerary is yet to be confirmed, but will be soon....

So, please send me some updates of life on the other side, i love hearing from you!!!!

IARI

No comments: