Thursday, January 10, 2008

Getting Settled into another semester...

So the first week of my winter semester is finished. The first impressions of my courses are really good. Much better than last semester. Whereas last semester I was working on finishing the last of my required commerce courses, stuff like intro to finance, cost accounting, etc, this semester's courses are more up my alley. I am doing a really interesting course entitled "Globalization and Sustainable Development" where we will be exploring all sorts of interesting issues like biotech, peak oil, and new imperialism..
Another course I am doing is International Business Law. This seems really cool too. The teacher has invited a Montreal tech company to be the subject of our main project. Essentially, each group will act as consultants to the firm in their decision to build a new facility abroad. The winning team will be given a prize of some form, making it a competitive endeavour. I got myself into a good group, so hopefully we will win!
My other two courses are also internationally related, if not so interesting. One is a 200-level geography course and the other an international political economy course. I think you can see a general theme in my studies this semester :)
I will also be continuing my work on the Sustainable Business conference. I'm working with a number of the working groups (marketing, getting speakers and logistics). This will allow me to work with a lot of interesting people.
So, good things are going on this semester. I am excited!

No comments: