Saturday, January 26, 2008

Change approaching!

The semester is rolling by! We are approaching the 4th week which means that I have about 11 weeks until I graduate! Wow, writing that feels really wierd. Its pretty surreal to imagine the changes that will be taking place in my life after that point.

As I think I mentioned in previous posts, I am thinking of grad school for the coming fall. This would keep me in the academic world and give many more opportunites for interesting experiences. I submitted two of these applications yesterday to U of Ottawa and U of Waterloo (after some hectic days waiting for reference letters to arrive in the mail and then discovering that our service had been stopped due to icy stairs)....anyhow...it feels good to have them sent off. I also recently added a school to my list of desirables - York's Glendon College.

For the longest time I told myself that I didn't want to go back to Toronto, but am now thinking that Glendon is my #1 choice! Being in Toronto would let me be close to my family, especially my sis Kim with her soon to be daughter (my niece!!!!!)..I also feel that there are people in Toronto that I could be happy with as a social network. This is really important for me, and is something that Waterloo and Ottawa don't have.

I still haven't heard anything about the job with Dfait, but am still hopeful that they will get back to me for an interview. I am also looking into internships. I applied for the Ontario Government Internship program and am looking into one with EDC as well.....why all government stuff? I don't know....i'm going to be a pencil pusher!!!! ahhh, my worst dream realized...lol....

I've also been entertaining thoughts of travel in the summer. Specifically I was thinking about going down to South America to learn Spanish and maybe volunteer on a project. This would obviously require some financial resources, so I have to figure that out first....

Some ideas bouncing around.....an exciting time for sure!

No comments: