Sunday, August 31, 2008

Trois Pistoles

I have spent the past 4 days in the Bas-St Laurent region of Quebec in a town called Trois Pistoles. My friend Andrea was here over the summer doing the summer language program and I decided to come visit for an end of summer vacation....

I was here a few years ago in La Pocatiere for my own french immersion experience and fell in love with the region. The St. Lawrence river is an imposing feature in the landscape and indeed it seems that life here revolves around its rythms. The tide rises and falls - the sun rises and sets....

Throughout my days here I've been pretty active with some bike riding, walking and kayaking. I've also spent some time in the town of Trois Pistoles which has revealed itself as a relaxing and pleasant place to spend one's days...

1 comment:

Daniel Rueck said...

i'm reading ;) wish i could have come with you out there! will come see you in ottawa soon.
dan