Sunday, January 7, 2007

Homeless in France!!!

So I arrived here in Lille thinking it would be fairly easy to find an appartment to share with someone. Appartently this isn't the case. After spending 2 nights at an hotel desperately trying to contact people, I stumbled on a bit of luck and random kindness. A girl who I contacted, although already having found someone for the room, offered to let me stay in her living room free of charge while I look for a place. This being someone who I've never met before! It is from here that I write this post.

I think I may have found a place to stay as well! It is a studio in the old part of Lille. This is a beautiful area with lots of bars, restos, and, as you can imagine, old buildings ;) It is a 15 minute walk to school which will give me some exercise in the morning....

School starts tommorow, which is the furthest thing from my mind at this point :) More updates once I settle into my proper space.

No comments: