Monday, January 15, 2007

Settling in...still some frustrations....

I've started settling into my place at the Vieux Lille. It is a pretty tiny apartment, that I share with a kitchen, but its enough for me (how much space does one need when they only brought 20kg of stuff with them?) and it is in the most beautiful part of town. I have a huge park 5 minutes from my house that was actually a 17th century fortress.....pretty cool huh?

My schedule at school has proved to be a huge challenge to work out. They haven't seemed to grasp the idea of online registration and class info, so its incredibly difficult to figure out whats available and what works with my schedule. As it turns out, I may have anothertwo weeks off before starting school, which is good and bad :)

I've signed up for a student organized ski trip to the alps! This should be really exciting, they've rented a chalet for the 300 students going, and apparently there are open bars every night. This makes me wonder how many students will actually be on the slopes in the morning....I will defintiely search a balance of ski and party, with the skiing taking the priority (its the alps!!!)

I'll post some pics in the near future of my apartment and the beautiful area its situated in....

No comments: